Monday, February 10, 2020

How you can get 7.5 Band in IELTS




I want to share my journey regarding how I got a 7.5 band for speaking English. There are a lot of myths and false news out there about speaking English.


It is not a big obstacle. Yes, anyone can score 7+ in IELTS even if you are not a native speaker. I never speak in English during my childhood.


I was brought up in a very rural background and also not from English-speaking family background. 


So, it is up to you to listen and learn. I would say this will take time. You can hit 7+ without speaking with others. I did that, and I wasn't known as a social person. 


You have to refer to my previous articles on how I managed that.




Things to do


Read news (CNN/BBC/FOX)

Firstly, You have to understand the content. If you have found difficult words, then you can google them. Never use another language dictionary. At first, If you are a beginner, it can get difficult for you since you don't know most of the words. But never give up!!



Find IELTS model papers and practice on your own for reading.


There are hundreds of sites you can download IELTS pass and practice tests. You have to do at least 30. Keep an eye on the clock. Time is the main enemy here.


Doing a practice test on youtube is the best way of listening. There are hundreds of tests out there.





Writing


To achieve higher bandwidth, you need to be good at Grammar. You have to write letters and essays, and the most important thing is to rectify your mistakes. Make sure to check for punctuation.

Use software like Grammarly to improve your punctuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will Bucks Waiving of Demarcus Cousins would raise consern over his career?

  DeMarcus Cousins is reportedly close to finding a new home, with the Denver Nuggets planning to sign the big man to a 10-day contract,  ac...